DEEP Ecosystems is searching for 2 freelance Research Analysts (m/f/d)
DEEP Ecosystems is a global community of startup ecosystem builders, dedicated to supporting grass-root innovation projects and fostering interconnectivity among startup ecosystems globally.
With our main activity, the Startup Heatmap Europe, we are mapping founder mobility and cities’ attractiveness for startups. Through the Startup Heatmap Europe platform we provide orientation to founders, investors and the tech community on where to find the best places for startups in Europe.
Based on the qualitative and quantitative insights on founder mobility and cities’ attractiveness, we help cities and community stakeholders to better position themselves within the European startup ecosystem. This happens via 1:1 consulting, the production of trend reports as well as the execution of the Startup City Accelerator for Ecosystem Builders.
Our work has been recognized by long-standing partners like the Allianz Cultural Foundation, Atomico Ventures, Balderton Capital and some of the most dynamic municipalities around Europe. The results have been featured in international media like the New York Times, Politico, Venturebeat and many more
Development of a New Startup City Index focused on Sustainability
- Participation in the conceptualization of a new index to measure the innovation capabilities on city-level in terms of environmental, social and governance aspects
- Independent identification of data sources and metrics to display the given dimensions of the data model
- Support in the data cleaning and harmonization based on set rules given by the supervisor
- Execution of calculations and analysis on the data collected in Excel / Google sheets to form indices and compound metrics
- Literature review and write-up of underlying theoretical concepts as well as the methodology for data collection for a final publication
- Support in the visual representation of the data collected in form of rankings, graphs as well as maps
Support in the Startup Heatmap Europe 2021
- Support in the dissemination of the survey and assisting of local partners
- Support in the preparation of templates for localized reports based on the survey questions for various locations
- Support in the preparation of standardized visualizations for topical findings based on varying locations
DEEP Ecosystem Conference
- Preparation of 4 strategy briefs for participants of high-level roundtable discussions
- Literature review and qualitative assessment of trends in the four respective fields (e.g. future of work, social impact)
- Collection of quantitative data and visualization to underscore the most important trends
- Preparation up of 10-15 pages executive summary before the conference
- Attendance of the conference and note taking from the discussion
- Summary of research results and discussion points and draft of final publication
Duration of the Assignment:
- 2-3 days / week from July – November 2021
The ideal candidate brings the following qualities:
- Current PhD candidates or master degree in social science, economics or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and trained both in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Fast-thinker with proven track record of independent project work as a volunteer or entrepreneur (side projects, participation in competitions, own startup, etc.)
- Ideally, 2 years of working experience in a dynamic and fast turning environment
- Ideally, experience living and working abroad for >1 year
- Passion for the startup world, technology and new business models
- 100% Remote / Nomad and Family-friendly
- Potentially travel necessary
- Freelance contract based on assigned days
To apply please send your CV and a short motivation via email to email@example.com – please include an indication of your desired gross daily rate.
DEEP Ecosystems 500 UG is headquartered in Munich, Germany.