Two Startup Ecosystem Analyst Interns (m/f/d)
DEEP Ecosystems is a global community of startup ecosystem builders, dedicated to supporting grass-root innovation projects and fostering interconnectivity among startup ecosystems globally.
One of our main activities, the Startup Heatmap Europe, is mapping founder mobility and cities’ attractiveness for startups. Based on the qualitative and quantitative insights, we help cities and community stakeholders to better position themselves within the European startup ecosystem. This happens via 1:1 consulting, the production of trend reports as well as the execution of the DEEP Startup City Accelerator for Ecosystem Builders.
Our work has been recognized by long-standing partners like the Allianz Cultural Foundation, Atomico Ventures, Balderton Capital and some of the most dynamic municipalities around Europe (Barcelona, Stockholm, Vienna, Berlin, Moscow,..). The results have been featured in international media like the New York Times, Politico, Venturebeat and many more.
- Preparation of local startup ecosystem reports in various cities
- Participation in the conceptualization of data-driven publications
- Identification of local interview partners and independent execution thereof ranging from question design to write-up with the support of a supervisor
- Independent identification of data sources and indicators to best illustrate the agreed topics of analysis
- Support in the data cleaning and harmonization based on set rules given by the supervisor
- Execution of calculations and analysis on the data collected in Excel / Google sheets to form indices and compound metrics.
- Support in the visual representation of the data collected in form of rankings, graphs as well as maps
- Support in the creation of the Startup Heatmap Europe 2022 report
- Support in the dissemination of the survey and assisting of local partners
- Support in the preparation of templates for localized reports based on the survey questions for various locations
- Editing of statistical analysis and graphs for publication
- Support in the preparation of standardized visualizations for topical findings based on varying locations
- Preparation of publications for social media, newsletter and website
- DEEP Ecosystem Conference
- Preparation of data-driven strategy briefs for participants of high-level roundtable discussions
- Collection of quantitative data and visualization to underscore the most important trends
- Attendance of the conference in an international location and note taking from the discussion
- Summary of research results and discussion points and draft of final publication
Duration of the Assignment:
- 30h / week from February – June 2022 (if non-curricular internship maximum of 3 months)
The ideal candidate brings the following qualities:
- Current PhD candidates or master degree in social science, economics or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and trained both in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Fast-thinker with proven track record of independent project work as a volunteer or entrepreneur (side projects, participation in competitions, own startup, etc.)
- Ideally, first working experience in a dynamic and fast turning environment
- Ideally, experience living and working abroad for >1 year
- Passion for the startup world, technology and new business models
- 100% Remote / Nomad-friendly
- Flexible hours
- Free participation in DEEP Ecosystems Conference with travel & accommodation covered
- Unpaid internship
To apply please send your CV and a short motivation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEEP Ecosystems 500 UG is headquartered in Munich, Germany.