Content editor (m/f/d)
DEEP Ecosystems is a global community of startup ecosystem builders, dedicated to supporting grassroot innovation projects and fostering interconnectivity among startup ecosystems globally.
We believe in entrepreneurs to build ecosystems that solve the biggest challenges of our times. We help to grow and connect ecosystems through our DEEP Startup Ecosystem Accelerator (DEEPSEA), with over 200 alumni since 2018, one of the biggest ecosystem builder communities in the world that gathers twice a year in our DEEP Startup Ecosystem Conference. Both are backed by our data-driven insights on startup ecosystems through our open Startup Heatmap Europe data platform.
We are a dynamic, diverse and global team driven by the shared vision of making innovation more accessible and inclusive around the world. Our work has been recognized by long-standing partners like the Allianz Cultural Foundation, Atomico Ventures, Balderton Capital and some of the most dynamic municipalities around Europe (Barcelona, Stockholm, Vienna, Berlin, Cologne). The results have been featured in international media like the New York Times, Politico, VentureBeat and many more.
We are looking for an experienced content editor to help us share our insights and success stories with our community and a wider audience.
Projects and tasks:
- Newsletter production
- Produce monthly newsletter on ecosystem building
- Improve the value for readers
- Grow reach and audience interaction
- Content editing and creation
- Production of blog articles, social media posts, website content, data-driven publications, press releases
- Review and improve our communicational and public content
- Support in managing the editorial calendar
- Coordinate hiring and management of third-party content writers
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles by content writers
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Work as in-house journalism: understand our products and activities, identify news-worthiness, results communication, produce success stories on our community and achievements
- Creation of visuals
The ideal candidate brings the following qualities:
- 5+ years experience as a journalist or in media production
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods and data-driven publications
- Fast-thinker with proven track record of independent project work as a volunteer or entrepreneur (side projects, participation in competitions, own startup, etc.)
- Passion for the startup world, technology, new business models and social innovation
- Experience with WordPress, Elementor, Divi, Kajabi, HootSuite, Infogram, Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Google Ads
- Experience in SEO and marketing
- Economic and social knowledge about Europe and the countries of our growing global community
- Fluent in English
- Engaging and inclusive writing and communications style
- Paid freelance work
- Approximately one workday per week
- 100% Remote / Nomad-friendly
- Flexible hours
- Ideal starting date: 28 March 2022
To apply please send your CV, your daily rate expectations, a short motivation, and a sample of your work via email to email@example.com.
DEEP Ecosystems 500 UG is headquartered in Munich, Germany.